Here you will find additional information and links. I began my own family research almost 10 years ago but only got serious about it in the last few years. I have now compiled a substantial data base of information on many of the lines of my family. I will just be displaying a sampling of that information. If you want more, I am happy to share, just leave me a comment on one of my posts or click on the contact button below.
- For a full list of posts, visit the Archive Page.
- For a sampling of documents and photos, visit my History Page.
- Scroll down to bottom of page for slide shows . . .
For insight into my philosophy on family history and my approach to this blog read these posts:
- The Flow of Information
- History and Genealogy
- The Genealogy Mother Load
- Genealogy and the Internet
- New Discoveries are Delightful
Some of the significant ancestral names in my family are: Bilse, Bliss, Buell, Bunnell, Chapin, Dibble, Ebersold, Emery, Field, Goldner, Goth, Grandt, Griffin, Hayes, Hermann, Holcomb(e), Hollister, Jarvis, Kahl, Meyer, Moe, Morse, Nevin, O'Neil, Ostenberg, Oswald, Pazel, Penny, Peterson, Roth, Scott, Wheaton, Wilcockson, Wilderman, Woodman and Zweifel.
My ancestors lived in Dorchester (Boston), Massachusetts Bay Colony; Hartford County at Windsor, Poquonock, Salmon Brook and Granby in the Colony of Connnecticut; western New York in the towns of Bloomfield and Hartland; Eastern Michigan in Macombe, LePeer and Monroe Counties; Southern Wisconsin in Green County (in the towns of Adams, Monroe, New Glarus and Washington) and Dane County (in the towns of Blue Mounds, Middleton, Mount Horeb and Verona).
My ancestor, Thomas Holcombe of Windsor, Connecticut had a son named Nathaniel, who also had a son named Nathaniel, who also had a son named Nathaniel.
- Read about Thomas and the Nathaniels at the Holcombe Website.
- Read about Thomes and the Nathaniels right here on this blog.
My Compiled Reports
My Family Genealogy - Part 1 & 2 - Thomas Holcombe My Family Genealogy - Part 3 - Colonial Ancestors My Family Genealogy - Part 4 - The Immigrants
Census reports, vital records, family histories, county histories, genealogy reports, personal family stories, photographs, maps and other information. I am happy to share. To contact me, use the "Contact us" button at the top of this page.
- As of May 2017: 2800 Documents.
Maps of Blue Mounds, Wisconsin
Click on a map for an enlarged view . . .
Some Good Links
- Bliss Family . . . Bliss Family in America.
- Bunnell Family . . . William Bunnell Family Research Center.
- Colonial Connecticut Records . . . University of Connecticut, 1636 - 1776.
- Emery Family . . . Emery Family Reseach Center.
- Goodrich Family . . . Goodrich Family Association.
- Holcombe Family Genealogy . . . best site about Thomas Holcombe and his descendants.
- Lucie's Genealogy . . . Lucie Field's site with many Virginia ancestors.
- Rays Place . . . "exploring New England's past" (and more).
- The Bankert Family . . . "our Bankert Ancestors" (many early Connecticut families).
Researching your family on the Internet, read more about that topic here . . .