|Before I started leaning about|
my Genealogy, I had never
heard of Granby, Connecticut.
Now I know that it played an
important role in my own
At the time, I wasn’t sure exactly what this blog was going to focus on but writing about my ancestry was certainly one of the options I was entertaining. The decision to move in that direction didn't take long, however. The next two posts, both in October of 2010 were about my family history quest and once I started down the road toward genealogy, I never looked back.
With a total of 36 posts (including this one) the website has grown at a slow but steady pace. In addition to the output that comes out of this blog (writing and posting), there has also been some worthwhile input. I have received more than a handful of connections to distant cousins. Prior to being contacted, I did not know any of them and they have contributed a lot of great information about my family history. Hopefully, I have also been able to provide them with some good information as well.
9/30/10 - 9/30/12: Two Years of Blogging About My Family History - 36 posts, 10,000 visitors and some great new connections.In addition to the two year anniversary, another milestone . . . 10,000 visitors . . . was also reached in September. This is a small blog, very focused and with no marketing or advertising so I do not expect much traffic. I now receive anywhere from 600 - 900 visitors per month which has far exceeded my expectations. Here are some highlights of the first two years:
- September 2010 - First Post: Yet Another Blog
- February 2011 - First Family Post: The Goldners of Chicago - Finding a Lost Family
- May 2011 - First Full Family Biography: David Herman - Arrived 1862
- June 2011 - First Contact with Other Researchers - Peterson/Moe Family
- August 2011 - First Short Biography: Lars P. Moe - Short Biography
- April 2012 - Accessed 1940 U.S. Census
- May 2012 - History Page Added
- September 2012 - 10,000 Visitor Mark