|Farms at Hafslo, Sogn og Fjorde, Norway.|
Home of my ancestors - connection
found, thanks in part to this blog.
Here are some stats after six years:
- 47 Posts
- 7 multi-part, in-depth family stories (22 total posts).
- 12 short articles on interesting individuals.
- 13 special interest / general posts.
- Over 80,000 page views.
- Numerous contacts with distant cousins or others with family connections.
- Shared information, photos and documents.
- Six new stories in development - the colonial families.
So, I have been thinking about the whole thing and decided that I should take it up again (that thought process has been developing for a number of months). To round out the site, it seemed obvious that I could expand on the colonial families related to my Holcombe line. Even though these families tend to have a lot of information already available on the web and even on this site. Some of the content may be redundant but I am having a go at it anyway. I wrote an introduction of sorts that will link all of these families. That intro has already been posted and can be found here. A couple of posts in the group, about the Bliss and Chapin families are mostly complete and will be posted soon.
So, I am on my way again but I am going to keep is slow and hopefully steady. A good way to honor the blog and start year seven.
Two Years of Blogging about Genealogy
The Big Peterson Family Reunion
Ode to the Genealogist